The seminar “Lobbying and Networking in the European Union”, taking place from 25 to 26 August 2012 as part of this year’s European Forum Alpbach, will once more tackle topical questions related to lobbying and networking.
We will discuss how professional lobbyists link information acquisition with political know-how and analyze how the European Union’s institutions handle the influence exerted by lobbyists. The interactive seminar joins together high-ranking experts from politics, economy and lobbying who will share their long-time experience with the participants.
This year we will tackle the area of energy markets and explore the possibilities to lobby towards a healthier lifestyle or a better future for the Young. Additionally we will view the film “The Brussels Business” and open a discussion on this topical film with the director and important stakeholders.
Among the speakers will be:
- Bernd BIERVERT Deputy Head, Cabinet Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič, European Commission, Brussels
- Gebhard KIRCHGÄSSNER Professor of Economics and Econometrics, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economic Research, University of St. Gallen
- Paul G. RÜBIG Member, European Parliament, Group of the European People’s Party (Christian Democrats), Brussels
- Anna Maria DARMANIN Vice President, European Economic and Social Committee, Brussels
- Pascal KERNEIS Managing Director, European Services Forum, Brussels
We would be pleased to welcome you to this seminar which will be conducted entirely in English.
Please find the programme attached. For further information as well as the registration form please visit our website at www.alpbach.org/networking
European Forum Alpbach
Phone: +43 (1) 718 17 11-20